Monday, February 25, 2008

No country for old men waves its privates in the face of people that thought it sucked.

When we saw this great film, we had people in our theater shouting at the end of the movie.

My guess is that they where so offended that brutality would go unpunished or that a hero would fail and surrender against insurmountable odds, that they could not contain the frustration. Their illusion had been shattered and they really did NOT like it!

Me, I know the world can be a brutal and unjust place. Why the hell should every movie made be a lie? I am sick of being patted on the head and told it will be OK.

So the cries of "That Sucked!", "Oh My God!" and "I Want My Money Back!" Were really saying to me "Please don't make me think about the fact that this kinda thing most likely really happens."

Good work shaking it up C-Bros. Those Oscar wins renewed my faith in the film industry a tiny bit.

No comments: