Thursday, February 21, 2008

Two Amazing Short Films

I was thinking of this blog as mostly a place for me to write, but I have to tell people about a couple of extraordinary short films I have seen recently.

First, Terminus


Official Site Direct link high quality (200mb)

Terminus is a disturbing bit of work. The graphics are impressive, not in a flashy "OMG look at that 14 headed alien" kinda way, but more of a "this is what it looks like when I dream" way. Bringing the fantastic into common settings is highly effective at creating tension and boy did these film makers ever cause tension. Excellent work.

I hope you like it as much as I did.


Next is Space Alone

Full Screen flash

Apparently a solo work from Ilias Sounas, its really beautiful plus he is a gifted story teller. I hope he does more animation.
Here is a link to his blog.

No comments: