Thursday, May 22, 2008

Clearly Bowie is Evil

I have a friend (who shall remain nameless) who has never seen the venture Brothers, so I collected a few of the clips involving fun music references for him. The show is full of stuff like this and I highly recommend it for anyone who is of a certain age and likes having their pop culture served a bit blacken and on a skewer.

It's clear to me that these guys that created the show are big fans of Johnny Quest, David Bowie, comics and cartoons and everything that gets parodied on the show in general... but like a lot of us, they just can't help being smart asses... I like that.

Enjoy!







The new season begins in June if I am not mistaken.

3 comments:

kiwa said...

Thanks for the info on the new season, I have seen the show picking up on the Bowie connection with the first clip. Missed the episode with the shape shifter, and don't get the connection to Depeche Mode.

Katy said...

are those giant shorts, or tiny pants?

Murdock Scott said...

"I saw a whole thing about him on the VH1."